Ever craved homemade pizza but it’s only an hour to lunch? I’ve discovered a recipe from Smitten Kitchen which makes pizza dough in less than an hour. That means, a quick pizza fix is always possible!!!!! Are you as excited as I am????
The best part of homemade pizza for me is that I can be creative with my toppings and most importantly, spam toppings. I hate that pizzas sold outside always have very little toppings and cost at least $20. I feel like I’m eating more bread than anything else. I need my cheese. And ham. And mushrooms. Since I looooove cheese, spamming mozzarella cheese is one of the must dos when I make my pizzas.
I wanted my pizza this time to have more colour, so I sprinkled some arugula on top for the vibrancy. Food tastes so much better when it looks better 🙂 You have to try this recipe and go get creative with your pizzas!!! 🙂
adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Makes 1 30cm pizza
100g bread flour
100g plain flour
100ml warm water
1 1/4 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp table salt
1. Heat oven to 110 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes and then turn it off.
2. Dump all ingredients to a mixer (alternatively you could use your hands)
3. Mix on moderate speed until a craggy mass is formed.
4. Mix on low speed for 5 minutes until a smooth and elastic dough is formed.
5. Oil a bowl and place dough in it. Cover with cling wrap.
6. Place dough in oven. Wait until it doubles in size, approximately 30 minutes.
7. Roll it out and get creative!