My friend brought these snicker doodle bars to school and lamented about how bad it tasted, saying that she was only giving it to us because no one in her family liked it. To her surprise, all of us at school loved it and I loved it so much that I decided I needed one tray to myself. I’m such a pig teehee.
This is so easy to make (it’s a typical cake batter) and the flavours are universally loved. It’s cinnamon and sugar. Who doesn’t love cinnamon sugar?! The only gripe I have about this is that it’s supposed to be soft in the centre but it doesn’t turn out that way. I don’t think it’s me though because my friend had the same problem but you could give it a try if you don’t mind cake-y snicker doodles!
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For Cinnamon Sugar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Grease a 13×9″ baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a large bowl, beat the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating on low speed until incorporated.
6. Beat in the vanilla.
7. Beat in the dry ingredients on low speed until just combined.
8. Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it as evenly as you can.
9. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter.
10. Using a teaspoon, drop dollops of the remaining batter over the cinnamon-sugar mixture. The cinnamon-sugar mixture will still be visible in many areas.
11. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar.
12. Bake for 25 minutes.
13. Cool on a wire rack.
14. Cut into squares