I took one mouthful of this brownie and I knew that the search for the best recipe for fudgy brownies was over. This is a clear winner. If chocolate could cure illnesses, this fudgy brownie would be a miracle drug.
Everyone who ate this was unbelievably happy. My father texted me “I’m eating your cake now & wow 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 ” and D said “I’m super impressed.” The best part is that this brownie recipe is quite idiot proof. I mean how hard is it to whisk stuff together? The batter can be mixed up in 10 minutes and hey, you’ve got an impressive brownie.
170g unsweetened chocolate
230g salted butter
200g granulated sugar
4 large eggs
10ml dark rum
170g all-purpose flour
1. Melt chocolate and butter over bain marie (fancy term for hot water bath)
2. Whisk in sugar and egg yolks, one at the time.
3. Whisk in rum
4. Sift flour into mixture and fold.
5. Pour batter into 8×8 inch square tin.
6. Place in preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes (the doneness of your brownie depends on how fudgy you want your brownie to be. The more undercooked your brownie is, the more fudgy it will be.)
7. Let the brownie cool before slicing. For really clean cuts, put the brownie in the fridge before cutting.